Camyoga Award in Teaching Pregnancy Yoga
60 hours (contact and home study) | over 2 months
The Camyoga Education Award in Teaching Pregnancy Yoga is open to qualified Yoga teachers. The course provides a comprehensive training in Pregnancy Yoga, and using Yoga for birth preparation and active birth. It also introduces postnatal Yoga. The award consists of two training weekends (four days in total) plus assignments and a final practical assessment.
We take an intake of students once a year. After the initial training weekend, there are written and teaching assignments which must be completed before the second training weekend.
- 2013 Dates:
Sat/Sun 29/30 June 2013 AND 28/29 September 2013
- Costs: £550 Payable in full before the course start date.
- Location: All course dates are run at weekends (Sat and Sun only), from our dedicated studio in central Cambridge.
- Accreditation: There is currently no formal accreditation for pregnancy Yoga in the UK. The Camyoga Education Award is a certified, and insurable qualification.
- Prerequisite: The course is open to all qualified Yoga teachers. Qualifications deemed suitable are at the discretion of the Camyoga Education Teacher Training board and will be judged on a case by case basis.
- Application: Applications may be made online (see below). All students are required to fill out an application form. We may call students to interview.
- Apply online here .
- For further info please contact Louise 07970 646779, or email email@example.com
- Course Content
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy and childbirth
- Asanas for pregnancy
- Contraindications and modifications
- Common pregnancy ailments
- Active birth techniques and preparation for birth
- Pranayama and meditation for pregnancy and childbirth
- Psychological preparation for birth
- Lesson Planning
- Basic postnatal Yoga techniques